This is a beginner course in graphic facilitation and Gestalt leadership concepts. No particular drawing skills are required. Work with expert facilitators from Image Think and our GISC faculty to learn how you can use visual tools to energize meetings and improve your skills managing differences on teams.
You will use simple drawing techniques and materials will be provided. Together, participants and presenters will create a safe learning environment where you are free to experiment and explore new ways of communicating.
Through exercises, case studies, and reflection, you will gradually hone your skills and develop materials that can be used in your current work or volunteer projects. After the workshop, you will be able to create visual presentations, plan a project visually, and help lead the members of your organization or team in meaningful dialogue and reflection.
During this course, you will learn strategic tools that will help you to:
Visualize ideas and stimulate participation
- Present your ideas visually and get buy-in from your leaders, team members, partners or clients
- Use templates and learning maps to engage colleagues or stakeholders in idea development and decision making to ensure high level of ownership
- Make complex issues understandable by making the connections visible
Clarify and align goals, actions, and outcomes
- Increase the ability of your group to envision the future and to create a shared picture of what it looks like
- Use visual tools to help your team and partners to get on the same page with clear goals, roles and commitments
Increase your leadership impact
- Energize meetings
- Improve skills managing difference on teams
This program is designed for anyone who wants to learn to incorporate graphic facilitation and visuals as a tool for greater effectiveness in leading and engaging groups. It is appropriate for leaders at all levels, facilitators, trainers, teachers, consultants and other professionals.
Nora Herting MFA, is a founding partner of ImageThink, New York City’s only graphic
recording firm. Working with high-level teams, she translates complex
ideas into clear, powerful images that unlock innovation and draw
results. ImageThink has been recognized by Forbes, The Wall Street
Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, and the Today Show for bringing
creativity to business.
Sky Freyss-Cole is a facilitator and process consultant, who leads individuals, organizations and communities through change and development. She studied at the Global College of Long Island University as well as the KaosPilots International School in Denmark. Sky has lived and worked around the world and is now based full-time in Wellfleet.