In a world where contact is so necessary and distance is so present, do you struggle to humanize your virtual meetings...?
In a recent survey respondents report that they attend more virtual meetings than co-located meetings. Virtual teams are now the prevailing methodology—they are increasingly the new normal.
This live-online program is designed to allow you to grapple with the nature of “virtual,” your belief systems around it, and how that fits with Gestalt, however defined. What does it mean to make contact in a relationship across a distance? This program offers an opportunity to delve into these questions, and more:
- Is virtual work exacerbated by intercultural differences, whether national, ethnic, professional, or organizational?
- What about here-and-now and you-and-I when we are in different time zones, not only geographically but also in “project time”?
- Are parallel processes, inductive phenomena, projections, and transference more or less prominent when we cannot be co-located and are restricted to communicating via “lean media”?
- Identity processes: Who am I in a virtual group setting?
- What is good enough in terms of channels of communication: video conferences, Skype, telephone conferences, e-mails, text messages?
- Shared documents, standards, and document life cycle: How is a document born and named, and where do we put it? Who can add, delete, or edit, and (how) does a document “die”?
- Experientially learn about working virtually through working virtually with the issues and questions that are relevant to them
- Develop conceptual handles on the paradoxes, contradictions, and dilemmas of “virtual Gestalt”
- Be creative about maximizing interaction and feedback, and develop better tools for real-time responses in virtual space
- Experience modes of contact between participants, as well as with the leader
- Assess what can and cannot be accomplished in this mode
- Get relevant feedback on their own leading and participant role style
- Utilize phones, chats and breakout groups and gain basic familiarity with one tool for virtual work (Adobe Connect)
This program is designed for leaders and managers as well as consultants, coaches, and other professionals who work from a distance or are considering working virtually.
Live Online Program
You will receive instructions and invitation to join the live-online program prior to the program start date. You need to have or have access to a desktop or laptop computer with webcam and a USB microphone-headset, as well as an internet connection with a reasonable bandwidth. You do not need any special software; the teaching is web-based.